Thursday 14 June 2012

Class 6: Team BYL

Class 6: Thursday 14th June 12.30pm, taught by Rachel


Today has turned out to be a GREAT day!  My eldest son was playing in a cricket tournament, and, although they didn't win, I just loved watching him trying hard and playing well, and even had a few moments of proper heart-swelling pride as he made some fantastic catches.  But one of the nicest things was seeing how well these kids supported each other as a team, and how obvious it is how much they like each other, and how much they're all growing up.  All the support the students give each other at BYL makes me feel that we're a team too.


Because these events never run to schedule, I really wasn't sure whether I'd be able to get to 12.30pm class today.  A lovely parent bought me a coffee about 11.15am, but as I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, I just thought "it'll be fine!".  Anyway, after staying for their third match, I ended up rushing to class, running the length of Friar Lane from the car to the studio and so arrived feeling sick, and tried to do Pranayama breathing whilst still out of breath.  I did not, therefore, deserve this to be a good class at all with preparation like that, and yet... I immediately got into it, and my super-human level of concentration even provoked impressed comment (disguised as a backhanded compliment!) from Rachel.


Rachel also said at the start of Dandayamana-Janushirasana, "If you think too much, you make this much harder".  Not that I would know, as I am still LIGHT-YEARS away from being able to do this one, but perhaps what makes it harder is that you have to reach forward and pick up your foot straight away, without thinking about it, just do it, NOW, immediately, don't talk yourself out of it, just do it, etc. and then ... we have to wait just like that, in that wobbly state of limbo for AGES through talking, talking, talking which gives me at least three opportunities to fall out before we're allowed to attempt any kicking forward.  Maybe it's THAT that makes this much harder?  Just sayin'.


Night! x

No comments:

Post a Comment