Friday 20 January 2012

Day 18: Frustration and Trying Really Hard

Friday 20th January, 12.30pm class taught by Sharan


As soon as today's class was finished, I realised it had actually been a really good one for me.  I did think so several times during it too, but for some reason I found it hard to keep still when I was supposed to be still and got a bit frustrated when I couldn't keep my balance.  I actually tried really, really hard today, and think most of it went well (there are definitely loads of improvements), but I haven't felt annoyed with myself in there for months until today - I think it's because I suddenly cared more about doing it as well as I could today.  I wonder why.  Maybe because I'm feeling slightly sad that it's going to be over quite soon.  That whole 'let go of any expectations' thing doesn't come naturally to me!  I also think too much.  Not always, but almost constantly!


Oh, and the tricep thing from yesterday?  You have to lock out your elbows, 'cos Sharan said.  Feels really, well, 'awkward'!  Oh, is that why it's called that?  I've probably never done that properly before, because my arms were shaking when I tried it.  That's not good, is it?  Twelve days left to perfect it, because I've already decided that my thirtieth class is going to be brilliant.  Only joking - I might just let go of my expectations on day 30, for a laugh.  


Night. x

No comments:

Post a Comment