Friday 6 January 2012

Day 4: Early Class, With Added Smugness

Friday 6th January, 6.45am class taught by Nicky


Morning!  Yeah, there's just something about getting up in the middle of the night whilst your neighbours are sleeping, getting dressed in the dark, and driving to Leicester where the only other cars on the road are driven by shift workers off to do genuinely important things, to set you up for a really good Bikram yoga class.  Never have the words 'well done for getting into class' resonated so much with me, especially having done the late one last night.  The room was filled with regular students (as opposed to new ones, not irregular/odd ones!), there was brilliant energy and the whole thing just flew by and felt great!  I'd been a bit worried about feeling dehydrated this morning, but actually I almost forgot to take some water before the floor series, when usually I am dying to get to that water break.  Easy!  Wish I could always practise at 6.45am!


I have been eating quite huge amounts of food the past couple of days, but mostly craving quite healthy things, so am not denying myself any of it (not that I ever do!).  Made an avocado salad at 10.30pm for dinner last night when I got home as I didn't think it could possibly be a good idea to not eat, especially as I was planning to do the early class today.  Seems to have worked out fine anyway.


So, next on my hit list is Standing Head to Knee (Dandayamana-Janushirasana).  Love the sound of this one in Sanskrit!  I once heard Libby (owner of Bikram Yoga Leicester) say that it took her about 4 years to be happy with this posture, so I don't give myself a hard time about it.  And I think I probably am about halfway, so right on track, really!  I can't hold this for very long at all, and can only really lock out the knee of my standing leg for moments at a time, but I keep trying, and try not to get frustrated - I used to get extremely frustrated at not being able to do this, but don't tend to worry about it at all now, just do my best, and it usually just makes me smile when I fall out, so already that's got to be an improvement in terms of learning patience and being able to maintain focus a bit more.  Happy Days.


Have a great day, everyone.  Last day of the Christmas holidays today, so am off to take the kids to a running-around, having-fun type of place.  Think I'll mostly be sitting down, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment