Monday 30 January 2012

Day 28: Honestly, I try soooo hard!

Monday 30th January, 9.30am class taught by Nicky


This morning worked out really well - was even 10 minutes early!  Yes!!  I felt great today, and think this was probably one of my best classes.  I was standing on the left looking into the magic mirror that makes you look taller and thinner, which helps too.  Other mirrors in the studio I like include the one over on the extreme right of the front wall; well, specifically the join between that and the next one that you can make yourself disappear into.  In some of the floor postures you can look into that join and make yourself only have one eye in the middle of your face like Mike Wazowski from 'Monsters Inc'.  I wonder if Flaming David ever does that (it's where he stands).  It's quite amusing and does not detract from your concentration in any way I find, should you also feel like trying it, Flaming David.  The challenge is not to smile whilst you secretly do this, so no-one knows what you're doing.


So I was feeling like a right smugster, until I saw Rachel's email with the rest of my photos from the other day.  I had no idea that the facial obesity was quite so evident - I'm thinking of doing that Boy George thing when he used to draw the outline of a smaller face on himself, and colour all the outside bit black.  Problem is, it'll run everywhere when the beetroot face gets all hot and sweaty, and make a right mess.


So, here are the rest of the pics, mostly from earlier in the class:






This is the wrung-out towel one.  I'm not sure it's getting better, but I try so hard!!!


All of my instincts are screaming at me to NOT put the following picture on the internet (my fatness of face has depressed me no end), but Rachel has tried to send it to me seven times (and has almost broken the entire world wide web) before succeeding.  She has had a MASSIVE falling out with the evil postmaster, so I sort of feel obliged.  The point of this very unflattering shot was to show me my tricep.  Do you see it?  No?  Kathryn said it was a bingo wing.  Kathryn is a ... reader of this blog, and fellow Bikram classmate.  Hello, Kathryn!





Oh, Beetroot!  Straighten your arms, sit down more, lean back a bit.  Honestly, it doesn't look that bad in the mirror!


Is this one always so pathetic?  Feels like I move more than that!  Although, Karen, who is next to me, doesn't look like she's even bothered to try at all, and Karen is officially AMAZING, so I'll not worry too much.  I want to be as good as Karen when I grow up.



Haha!  This is the one I hate!  I hate this posture and I don't even know why.  Have I mentioned that before?

So, there you go!  Two days left.  Still loving it, and feeling really happy that I'm doing this.  Bikram yoga is one of the most fantastic things I've ever done, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone.  Maybe don't put the worst photo you've ever seen of yourself on the internet for everyone to see, though! 

More tomorrow x

No comments:

Post a Comment